Endocrine Self-Assessment Program (ESAP™) 2013 is a self-study program available in both print and online formats. Based on the ABIM blueprint for certification, the module consists of 160 multiple-choice questions in all areas of endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. There is extensive discussion of each correct answer, a comprehensive syllabus, and references. ESAP is updated annually by expert faculty in the field of endocrinology and contains new questions and new syllabus materials.
Please note: ESAP 2013 is not approved for ABIM MOC Part 2 points. Learners in need of ABIM MOC Part 2 points should complete ESAP MOC 2013.
This continuing medical education (CME) activity is intended for physicians seeking initial certification or maintenance of certification in endocrinology, program directors interested in a testing and training instrument, and physicians seeking a self-assessment and a broad review of endocrinology.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize clinical manifestations of endocrine and metabolic disorders and select among current options for diagnosis, management, and therapy.
- Identify risk factors for endocrine and metabolic disorders and develop strategies for prevention.
- Evaluate endocrine and metabolic manifestations of systemic disorders.
- Use existing resources pertaining to clinical guidelines and treatment recommendations for endocrine and related metabolic disorders to guide diagnosis and treatment.
- 50.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™