1. Equipment and what is needed to Moderate
- Your wifi-enabled Smartphone or Tablet
- Instructions and Moderator Password
- Familiarity with the features of Social Q&A
To perform the duties of the Social Q&A Moderator you will need to have your own wifi-enabled smart phone, tablet, or laptop with internet connection, and have familiarity with the features of Social Q&A to be able to review and organize the questions as they are submitted live during the session. A tutorial video is provided below, and staff is available for onsite training. Onsite training will take place in the Speaker Ready room on a walk-in basis.
All moderators are required to collect paper instructions and the moderator password from the Speaker Ready room onsite at ENDO 2019 prior to their session.
|Speaker Ready Room Location and Hours|
|Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Level 2, Room 261|
2. How to sign up to moderate
1. Familiarize yourself with the resources on this page
2. Sign up to use Social Q&A for your session by entering your name and session information below
3. Once onsite at ENDO, go to the Speaker Ready room at least 4 hours in advance of your session start time to receive your printed instructions and Social Q&A Password (required)
3. Descriptions of Social Q&A features and the Moderator Role
Attendees in the audience will be able to submit questions to session faculty via the ENDO 2019 app on their smart phones or other web-enabled devices. Submitted questions will be visible to all attendees in the sessions at the time they are submitted. Please refer to the video tutorial for an example. As the Social Q&A Moderator, your role is to review the questions as they are submitted live during the session and:
- Highlight the good questions that you recommend the speakers address during the Q&A period of the session
- Delete any questions or comments that you deem irrelevant or inappropriate as they are submitted
- Organize or sort the list prior to passing your device for the speaker to address the questions.
Note: Prior to your Q&A session ensure that your device is not set to Auto-Lock or shut off due to idle time. Instructions provided in the table below to change this setting on apple and android devices
|Apple Devices||Android Devices|
4. Video demonstration of Social Q&A features